How to Save Money When Attending Special Occasions
Is an upcoming wedding, business dinner, or birthday party threatening to throw you off-budget? Here are five ways you can stick to your frugal lifestyle without offending your host, or affecting your good time!
- Budget: Before you leave the house, calculate what you can afford. If possible, leave your credit card behind, and only bring cash.
- Make a Gift: You can bring your host homemade bread, cookies, food mixes, candles, or soap.
- Eat Strategically: Be sure to eat breakfast that day to control your hunger so you avoid over-indulging. Try to eat as many home-cooked meals as possible that week to compensate for a meal out.
- Stick to Water: Don’t buy yourself alcohol or soda. Water is free, and the healthiest option. Also, don’t let yourself be tempted to buy your group of friends a round of drinks; while it may earn you some camaraderie points, it’s not worth overspending.
- Dress the Part: Chances are, you don’t need a new outfit.
We all should be able to enjoy a night out on the town, but don’t make financial decisions you’ll regret in the morning!